2012 Hogsback Christmas Pageant and Carol Service
Contact Revd Margaret Fourie for final details
Christmas Eve 24 December : Gather in front of Swallowtail Caravan Park at 15:00 or, preferably, just before!
At 15:00, all the people are welcomed.
- Reading Luke 1:26-33
- and the accordion will start playing Carol Silent night,
- followed by Hark, the herald angels sing
- while the procession, led by Joseph and Mary, starts to move towards the VIC.
In front of Kings Lodge, the procession will stop
- Reading Luke 1:34-38.
- The accordion will play Song Mary’s boy child sung by all
The procession will move on to theVisitors Information Centre (VIC)
- The accordion will play Carol O Come all ye faithful
- Mary and Joseph will now put their baby in the manger.
- Reading Luke 2:1-7
- The accordion will play Carol Away in a manger sung by the angels, who have been waiting inside the VIC
- Carol While Shepherds watched their flocks by night sung by all The shepherds who will come round the corner from Butterfly’s Bistro
- Reading Luke 2:8-19,
- The shepherds will bring their presents, ending up with angels behind and shepherds in front of the manger scene.
- The accordion will play Carol Joy to the World!
- (Someone will have to switch on the big star above the VIC)
- Reading Matthew 2:1-12.
- The Wise Persons will arrive from behind the VIC,bringing their gifts. (There may be more than three, but they must say what their gifts are.
- The accordion will start to play Carol We Three Kings, first verse sung by Wise Persons
This will be followed by the handing out of Christmas crackers to all the children there.
The Carol Service in the Chapel of St Patrick-on-the-Hill follows at 17:30. All are very, very welcome.